Thursday, April 19, 2018

Gadgets and Ideas

I came across some ideas and gadgets you might find interesting. Thought these soup bowls were unique. They wouldn't stack in a cabinet very well though. Maybe not so practical.

I especially liked the idea of putting essential oil on the inside of a toilet paper roll to keep your bathroom smelling fresh. Everytime you take out a new roll add a few more drops. Click this link for 15 more ideas. 

Now do you know how to get rid of squirrels? Yes, they look cute but they can be quite destructive. A squirrel actually ate a hole in one of the plastic gas cans Gary keeps outside for the fuel for our mower. We're worried the gas leaking out could start a fire. Our neighbors feed the squirrels. How to diplomatically tell them not to do that. These squirrels are getting more and more brazen. One didn't even run away when I came out of the door, even when I clapped my hands. Ugh. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Our squirrel problem has been solved by Winter (pup) going berserk whenever she sees one near the deck or one of the feeders. Yes, they are cute to look at, but they belong in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi, thanks, unfortunately the woods surround our home and the squirrels are digging in my raised planters, possible burying nuts but they leave a hole wide open and are disturbing my greens. ugh. the neighbors that feed the squirrels have a dog so they have no problem only I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, now I knew that and didn't even think of it, will give it try

      Delete
  4. I really like the soup cups.
    Your problem (for which I have no solution) makes me feel a tad guilty. I suspect that some of our neighbours aren't as happy to see the birds we feed as we are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, as long as they don't poop on the cars I don't think folks would mind, our neighbors feed the birds too. We told them we might have to start shooting the squirrels, they said they aren't going to feed them any more, a white lie worked.

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a squirrel in person, so I don't have any ideas as to how to get rid of them. Those soup mugs look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, thanks, don't they have squirrels in Hawaii ? hum interesting

      Delete
  6. We don't have squirrels here in the Land of Oz...not yet, anyway. They're pretty little creatures...filled with mischief, obviously!

    Alvin!!!!!!!!!! Cut it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, no squirrels there either, hum, dh watched a movie about squirrels and they are so quick they can see things coming and not get caught, one of the reasons if you accidentally run over them with the car they are not hit they run out the other side.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment