Sunday, May 20, 2018

Chicken Verde - Very Quick & Easy

So quick and delicious you'll be amazed. Preheat oven to 350 F. Take any cut of chicken but thighs or breast would be best. Remove the skin (I could pull it off with my hand) and discard. Lightly oil a glass baking dish adequate in size to fit one layer of chicken. I used a 9 x 12 inch for eight thighs. Four thighs would fit in an 8 x 8 inch pan. I like thighs better than the breast which often gets dry. Pour one jar of green salsa (yep store bought) over chicken to cover each piece.
Bake for 45 minutes. While chicken is baking, cook rice or quinoa. Also grate 8 oz of cheese I used mozzarella but I am going to try others. Remove pan from oven, sprinkle grated cheese over the top, turn oven up to 400 F and bake till cheese is just melted. Serve immediately and spoon some of the salsa over the rice. Leftovers were also delicious the next day. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Himself would like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, we both loved it, plan to make it again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gigi, thanks, you can't go wrong with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a quick and easy tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fun60, thanks, indeed it is both

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have steak, mushrooms and some veggies for lunch to day.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment