Friday, May 6, 2011
Flowers on Board
Sometimes I start out to make one thing and then I make something else. I was going to make a bird with a flower for a top knot and somehow this wall pocket came out instead. I put two holes at the top. I thought I could string some ribbon or leather through the top to hang it up with. Tomorrow is another day to make a bird I guess.
Then I fooled around with some texture on a big round circle. I was going to make this into a flower but I like the flat circle. Of course my extruder broke in the middle and I fixed it three times. Finally I gave up making more of these till I can see what's really wrong with the extruder. Wouldn't you know it, I really like the look of this and wanted to make a whole group of these.
No wonder my college work got warped. I put these flowers on board and now I notice this board has really warped. It's puckered up in the middle terribly. This is new plywood I had cut down. I have some old plywood from some old cabinets that's very thin, much thinner than this and it doesn't warp at all. Seems old wood is much better than new. I think the grain is closer together and it doesn't tend to warp as much. I guess I better get some more wallboard to dry work on. Hopefully I'll have enough dry pieces to fire soon. I'm anxious to do some glazing. Have a good weekend.