Sadly both of these fern platters warped but I glaze fired them anyway to see how a couple of glazes would turn out. I especially like this top combo of glazes. I like the position of the ferns on the second plate.
It seems no matter how much of this aqua glaze I brush on it never seems to be enough. Maybe there isn't enough colorant in the glaze or I haven't stirred it up enough while glazing.
I almost didn't fire this plate; it was an underglaze experiment. I think the orange butterfly could have been tilted toward the center of the plate. The photo doesn't do the plate justice. In person this looks like an antique plate that one might find in a grandmother's kitchen cupboard. A plate that's developed a patina over time.
Some time ago I moved my photo tent to the garage and draped an old sheet over it to keep the dust out. The florescent lights in the garage are too bright for photos and purely by accident I discovered the sheet helps diffuse the light. Even then there's sometimes a glare on the front of shiny pots. So I stand under the sheet and take the photos. Much like a photographer would have done years ago. It works well to reduce glare and remove shadows. I'll have to get a white sheet which would probably work much better.
I made quite a few sales at the arts and crafts show this past weekend. I had requests for a butter dish and a sponge holder. Somehow I just can't motivate myself to make sponge holders, maybe one of these days I will. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.