Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ceramicscapes by Cynthia Guajardo

A week or so ago I was perusing facebook and saw this beautiful heart pendant made by Cynthia Guajardo and just had to have it. Of course I love the celadon color but the spherical kiln jewel and the floral decal make a perfect combination on this piece. I finally went to the post office yesterday and picked up this lovely heart pendant I ordered from Cynthia's etsy shop Ceramicscapes. Cynthia and I go way back in the blogging sphere. Her's was the first pottery blog, Colorado Art Studio, I read about seven years ago. A few months later I began my own pottery blog and here we are seven years later. My how time fly's. Much to my surprise, Cynthia included this lovely leaf pendant in the package. Thanks Cynthia.

My eight year old Sony camera is broken; the lens is stuck and keeps going in and out. I'm hoping I can fix it. Meanwhile I had to learn how to use Gary's even more ancient Fuji camera which is just as frustrating as trying to fix my broken camera. It's taken me what seems like hours to take these photos. I may have to break down and get a new camera, any suggestions? I like my Sony because it's easy to use with an automatic setting and small enough to fit in my pocket. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pendants!

    I have had a sony camera in the past, but the last three i have owned have been Canon's. The first one I wore out, the second I killed by spilling a drink on it. What I like about the model that I have is that I can plug it into a power cord when I have it on the tripod to take photos of pots. Its an inexpensive model, (A495) but does what I need it to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old casio camera that was given to me used many years ago. It still works like a charm although I tend to use my phone camera most of the time now, just because it's always in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a Canon S5IS, (The auto mode takes great photos.) But I have using Canon and/or Minolta long before the digital age so I admit to a certain amount of prejudice!
    Those are neat pendants....like the blue heart in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I can't say enough good things about my Panasonic point and shoot.Long battery life, plenty of MP's, extra long zoom, and the lens is made by Leica,LEICA!! It has been excellent in the two years I have had it and it fits in my shirt pocket. It was $200 at Costco but they make models at different price points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the nice mention Linda! I have a really nice Nikon D90, but I have been using my iPhone camera more and more. I even bought lenses for it from Photojojo http://photojojo.com/store/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought my Nikon Coolpix was beyond repair after I dropped it and the lens no longer focused for telephoto. I went to the camera store to buy a new camera and the camera guy "reset" my coolpix! Good as new, except the flash is still gone. I bought a new camera anyway, as they had a great deal on a camera I was considering, so now I have two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pendants. My Panasonic Lumix has been good to me, but it doesn't go in a pocket easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michele, thanks, I'll be checking into this one.

    Hi Lori, thanks, I'll probably get a new one and then my old one will work. it seems like it should be fixable

    Hi Suzi, thanks, I had a 35 mm Pentax for many years and it finally broke, kept it for a long time but finally disposed of it, sad to see the old ones go.

    Hi Cynthia, thanks, oh I am so behind the times I don't know how to use a phone camera. ha.

    Hi Joanne, thanks, I'll have to take my photo to a shop and see what they can do.

    Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, so many good recommendations, now to decide.

    Hi Dennis, thanks, oh I like the features of yours I do wish I had one with a telephoto at times for bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Linda,

    So good to see what you have been up to!

    The celadon necklace is indeed beautiful. Such a wonderful colour and I love the idea of a 'ceramiscape', so intriguing and descriptive.

    Such a pity about the demise of the camera. One does get used to one's own equipment so I hope that you get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane and Lance, thanks, I love the new name of Cynthia's pottery as well. I am slowly learning how to use Gary's camera till I can get another one for myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment