Sunday, September 13, 2015

Saturday Market Day

I remembered to take my camera to the market yesterday to show you the push plates. I almost had a mishap as I forgot I had the camera on the front seat under a towel and pulled the towel out and the camera flew onto the ground. It got a small scrape and the battery section opened up but I put the batteries back in and it still works, thank goodness. This plate has a blue and brown glaze. The texture on each plate helps enhance the glaze variation.

You might recall these are the forms Gary made for me to make push plates and platters. Several folks mentioned they love seeing the unusual and/or brighter glaze colors I use. They said they tire of seeing the dark glazes. Here in the mountains cabin-ee colors are quite common. Gary said there's a piece of pottery for every person; actually he said there's a seat for every behind. Ha.

I'm lucky to have Gary helping me to load and unload all the pottery which is a lot of work. In my booth I have the two stand up racks; two large tables and one small table. All of those displays give folks a variety to choose from. The format of the booth is now slightly different than the above photo. The new shelves are working out nicely and are quite sturdy.

There were two of these green and blue platters. These are the medium size, about nine by six inches, and are a good size as a lunch or dinner/supper plate or could be used as a serving tray. The photos are a little out of focus because it was dark in the morning and I didn't want to use the flash because it reflects off the shiny glazes.

This platter is the larger size, about eight by ten inches, and is good as a serving platter. These stack nicely and can be put in the dishwasher. I had another great day at the market. Early it threatened rain and there weren't many folks but later attendance picked up. Quite a few folks bought pottery who have visited my booth previously and just browsed and others keep checking back each week to see if I have something new. A big thanks to all my pottery collectors. I also sold a couple of bags of my Juliet tomatoes since the last couple of weeks they're producing more than we can eat. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Love the colors in natural lighting. Glad you had a good day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, thanks, going to make more in sets now.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have really found a good venue that is close to home. Are you the only pottery there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thanks, it's only two miles from our home and covered and lighted and there are electrical outlets.

      There is one other potter and he throws his work and uses more earth tones and primary colors and has a standard size and shape to what he make, his booth is on the other end with the farmer's. He has been going to the market for years and has quite a following. My work appeals to different people since I hand build and use different glazes with variation.

      Delete
  3. Not only am I happy for you having good day after good day at the markets, I am happy for the customers who get more variation than they used to. Win/win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, yes my pottery is opening their world up to a different perspective and that's a good thing.

      Delete
  4. good to hear your sales are going well. You have obviously found a niche market with your different glazes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna, thanks, we have visitors in this area from many different states so we are lucky for the variety of customers looking for unique pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think both you and Gary need medals! But as you say, you're very lucky to have him and that he's so willing to give you a helping hand. That's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment