Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Full Production

In order to keep my booth full and keep the galleries and other venues supplied I've had to launch into full production. Of course my full production doesn't compare to potters who can throw 30 or 40 bowls in one day. But yesterday I did manage to make four plates, three small vessels and one large one. For me that's a lot.

A couple of business card holders on the left. Gary keeps telling me he's going to get on that wheel, now that I have a supply of clay I am going to see that he keeps his promise real soon. This time of year when the sun dips in the sky the back porch warms up nicely in the afternoon so he'll like that.

 More leaves and a platter with some dark brown clay.

Plates drying on sheetrock raised up on temporary racks to keep air circulating under the them to prevent warping.

More plates. For each plate I roll a slab, cut them out, let them firm up, push or pounce them on foam, then texture them, then move them to their drying racks.

Even more plates. The next day I move them to fresh sheetrock so the bottoms will dry about the same time as the tops.

A couple of vessels under wraps. Just about ready to fire again. Thank goodness the weather is cooperating. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

12 comments:

  1. They all look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, thanks, here's hoping the dark brown clay fires ok.

      Delete
  2. You are the busy potter these days~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, thanks, I don't seem to be able to keep up. Ha.

      Delete
  3. It's almost Christmas. Better start doubleshifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dennis, thanks, it is right around the corner isn't it. ugh

      Delete
  4. A nice production you have going there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, I've got to fire to make room to dry more.

      Delete
  5. Busy, busy, busy. And productive. Which is the best kind of busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I am wearing myself out.

      Delete
  6. Wow! You've got a whole production line going on there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I'd much rather be taking my time. Ha.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment