Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Leaf Pendants

Yesterday I noticed I have lots of plants with textured leaves so I decided to make some leaf pendants or perhaps some leaf wind chimes.

It's been a while since I made pendants so these may be a little thick so they might be chimes.

Here's a barrel fired pendant I made seven years ago. Has it been that long? I plan to leave a few of the leaves unglazed so a drop of essential oil can be placed on them. Then they can be worn or hung up in the car or used as a room freshener. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, Linda, leaves do make great textured pendants..:).. have fun. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, thanks, we shall see how they turn out, it has been so long since I made them. And I now see in the photo that I used a bale instead of putting a hole in the leaf, oh well, will work something out. hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, one of my customers last year gave me that idea.

      Delete
  4. I too like the leaf pendants. You ever thought of glazing one side and leaving the other un-glazed for the essential oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, you know that's usually how I glaze them but wonder about the essential oil getting on the apparel of the wearer. must do some testing for that, thanks again.

      Delete
  5. That's quite a collection! I like the idea of DIY room fresheners, perfumers etc. They look they will make delicate wind chimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, these are quick to make and if sold individually they can up my number of sales. I notice at sales women always look at jewelry hence my return to these.

      Delete
  6. I look forward to seeing the end results. These should be quite wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, it will be a little while before they are finished but hopefully they'll dry quickly and I can get them in the next kiln load.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment