Saturday, February 4, 2017

Amaranth for Breakfast

A few years ago I had some cold cereal that said it was made with amaranth and it was delicious. Since that time it has disappeared. But I saw some amaranth grain at the grocery the other day so I decided to try it as a hot breakfast cereal.

Cooked amaranth has the texture of quinoa and is mild in taste. I added honey and cinnmon to mine. The health benefits of eating amaranth are tremendous. It contains calcium, folate, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, and zinc. It is also a complete protein grain and contains lysine which many grains do not. Try it you might like it. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably like this also, Linda, since I like grits, cream of wheat, oatmeal, and other hot cereals. But I have to say that I've never heard of amaranth...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.BoycottBitches.com

    I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don't know how to cook or clean, don't want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try some...I've never had...but not until this heat and humidity of our summer has long gone! Too hot for hot meals/food at present. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment