Monday, February 27, 2017

Soy Candle Holder Assembly Line

Over a year ago I had an idea to use some of my mini vases as soy candle holders. Flash forward to today when I am finally getting around to making the soy candle holders in an assembly line.

 I cut the bottoms out then I cut the sides out and assemble them.

Here's what the candle holders will look like after glazing. I forgot about the stylized flower on the blue one. I'll have to remember to use that with the next group. Hopefully these will work well for soy candles. Wonder about the best way to remove the remaining wax after burning them down? I'd like to advertise them as a mini vase to use after the candle is spent. Any ideas?

Here's the soy candle kit showing I ordered the equipment last July. I guess the wheels of progress move slowly around here. Ha. Stay tuned for more about my soy candles in a month or so. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Don't those candles come in little metal self containers? I don't know that much; my sister used candles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the raw soy and I will melt it, add fragrance and then pour it into the containers after they are glazed.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne, thanks, yes they come in those metal containers but I am trying to elaborate on them in a pottery container that is re= usable, we shall see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice. You are so creative and imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gigi, thanks, adding to my repertoire to make money to pay for our dental bills.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment