Thursday, March 23, 2017

Quick and Inexpensive Necklace Display

Here's my quick and inexpensive necklace display rack. I purchased the white-washed board and mini easel at wally world. Some of my leaf pendants and sea glass pendants are hanging from the hooks. The board can hold up to ten necklaces at a time.

I also obtained these clear plastic sticky hooks at wally world. When I transport the display to the farmer's market, I'll place a piece of painter's tape across the necklaces to keep them from sliding and getting tangled.

Gary had a piano hinge in his stash (it can be purchased at a building supply store) and he attached the hinge to the back of the board with a piece of plywood I had in my studio.

If the display sits on a tablecloth it doesn't slide open. If it was placed on a slippery surface it might slide open. In that case a small chain to keep it from opening completely could be used. This display took less than half an hour to put together. The supplies were very inexpensive as well. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a profitable season. I hope it begins soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, season begins in June with a couple of earlier special Saturdays, but the trash to treasure begins in April where I'll sell my driftwood items and jewelry.

      Delete
  2. I really like your display and echo Joanne's wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, anything I can do to steamline the set up of the booth in the early morning hours is worth the effort.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment