Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Mrs. Pence Champions Art Therapy Initiative

When Mrs Pence found out an art therapist in Puerto Rico couldn't afford clay she sprang into action. She bought clay and had it included in shipments to Puerto Rico. Karen Pence, second lady, has chosen art therapy to champion as her initiative to bring awareness to this topic. Good for Mrs. Pence, this is an excellent choice and worthwhile initiative to focus upon. Working with clay and in the art field has helped me immensely through many of life's trials. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely gesture. I hope their survival needs are met too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, oh that shipment was in addition to all the supplies for their survival; they recently said they are having to drop food and water by helicopter since many locations in Puerto Rico are inaccessible by land.

      Delete
  2. I was fortunate enough to take part in a trial art therapy course run for ex-cancer patients and found it very helpful. It is a worthwhile cause for her to support and hopefully better awareness of the profession will help others in need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks, I think clay being so tactile is really beneficial to work on, I know it has helped me through thick and thin over many circumstances and I am sure going through a category 5 hurricane and seeing the devastation aftermath can't be easy for anyone to experience.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment