Friday, February 16, 2018

Fifty-Three Cents

We mourn as does our whole nation, the recent senseless loss of life at the school in Florida. When bad things happen it makes all of us sad. Sometimes focusing on good things helps. A good thing happened to us yesterday. Our credit union called to let us know they'd forgotten to give us our change of fifty-three cents when we paid a bill; they said they deposited the fifty-three cents into our account.

Oops I spoke too soon, my hot water heater broke last night. We drained the remaining water out last evening. I knew it was old and needed to be replaced, We planned to replace it when the weather warmed up. The hot water heater has forced me to move up the scheduling. Of course the price of them has gone up quite a bit.

I've cut my left thumb right under the nail so I haven't been able to work in clay but I've been painting. Above is the rudimentary beginnings of a black bear in a meadow painting. I never realized how often I use my thumb till now. A hot water heater and a thumb are small things in the scheme of things. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Toes crossed your thumb heals quickly. Those under the nail cuts can be extremely painful.
    Why do water tanks of all types always wait until winter to die?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, we just found out it was the original water heater. Our house was built in 1996 and the water tank said 1994 manufacture date. Ha I guess it lasted a long time. Things always happen at the most inopportune times - but just glad not too much damage was done.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your thumb, I know there have been times when I've gotten a paper cut which can be quite painful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lon, thanks, it's taking a terrible time to heal I guess because I use it a lot, even peeling a tangerine. who knew

      Delete
  3. Hope your cut heals soon. Can't wait to see the bear in the field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, I've got him painted but he's long in the face and trying to correct that, we shall see.

      Delete
  4. Always one more thing with a house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, isn't that the truth; amazingly it lasted a good long while, nowadays they say 6, 9 and 12 years. plumber at the store said planned obsolescence.

      Delete
  5. Too bad about the water heater and the cut finger. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again our hearts break over the senseless killings. I wish I had an answer...I wish I had the power to stop these horrific slayings once and for all....I wish I could stop asking the question why. Why? Because I wish there were no reasons ever again to ask the questions "Why?"

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment