Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Bonkers and the Ghost of Barney

In a rare moment of calm Bonkers is relaxing while I take his photo. We let Bonkers enjoy the outdoors but only on the screened in front porch. He enjoys this thoroughly watching all the birds and squirrels in the yard. The darker spots on his cheeks are dark freckles.
Bonkers likes to play with his water bowl. The pom poms in the other bowl are some of his favorite toys. He carries them around like they're his "babies". Sometimes he drops his "babies" in the water and later brings them in and they are soaked through.
Here you can see Bonkers has spilled a bit of his water. He moves the water bowl with his foot and then seems fascinated with the moving water. Bonkers likes to cuddle every morning for at least half an hour. He lays in my arms in front of the computer. If I put him down too soon he climbs right back up again. He won't take no for an answer.
You may think this unbelievable but Gary said many times in the middle of the night when the coyotes are yipping nearby, he feels a cat climb on the bed and start purring. The cat lays in the same spot Barney always did. The first time this happened Gary thought it was a dream but it has happened so often he now knows it isn't a dream. We're sure it's the ghost of Barney returning to visit us. Sometimes there are mysteries we can't explain but it doesn't mean they aren't true. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that Barney visits.
    And that Bonkers has a home in your house and your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, Bonkers is kind of a pain in the neck with all his energy but he's worth it.

      Delete
  2. I too believe that there are many things that simply can't be explained... "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio..."
    Bonkers is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, now he likes to play hide and seek and runs up behind us when we are walking and grabs us with his legs without his claws out.

      Delete
    2. Years ago when the kids were little, we had an orange cat that went outside and did this to our next door neighbors. Luckily they were good about it... said he certainly surprised them at times, but they took it well.

      Delete
  3. Remy and Shama, my two furry roomies, are here with me at my computer as I type. Shama is on my lap and Remy is sitting on my desk, next to my keyboard, washing Shama's head!!

    They are both indoor cats. They don't go outside. And both are incredibly spoiled, of course!

    I'm glad you have Bonkers. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment