Friday, April 26, 2013

Certain Sacrifices

We finally have room in the garage to get our aluminum boat in. Gary painted the inside of the boat yesterday and today I'll paint the top rail and then I'll stain the wood seats. Then Gary will add the oar holders and the handles on the transom  Sometimes in life certain sacrifices must be made. We're selling our boat before we've even had a chance to put it in the water for it's maiden voyage. Someone will be getting a really nice boat lovingly restored to it's former glory. If it doesn't sell the boat in the next two weeks, it will go in storage and the motor will be put in the treasure bus. The motor is on it's stand in the background on the left. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, shame, but if that is the way to go, then so be it. I hope you find a good buyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummmrr...but it looks very cool. Oooh the choices we make!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boat found its way to you for loving restoration and now will continue its way to another...hope that buyer comes by soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting turn of events...I know you were looking forward to that boat to cruise the nearby waters. Now you've got something else to look forward to, and I hope some waters and cruisin' are involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boat looks great, someone will love it. You should show the pictures of when you first got it so they appreciate all you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely boat. I would think that a lot of people would like to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, and I'm still surprised you sold your kiln. hope a buyer comes quickly on the boat...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope that your boat sells quickly and that you and the buyer are both winners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn that blogger I had an individual comment to each of you and it ate them all. Ugh

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment