Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Strange Luck and Negative Space

Perhaps you recall the long arms falling from the sides while this was drying? Well they didn't fall off. When I took this piece out of the kiln after it's final firing I noticed the long arms are just touching the level surface just like the bottom of the body. Apparently the body shrank more than the arms but just short of making the long arms pop off. Sometimes luck is strange.

before firing
Now look at the negative space in the top. Do you see the head of a person with their hair flipped out? Or is it just me? Notice the long arms before firing aren't touching the bottom, that's what I call strange luck.

My blog posts haven't been feeding in the blog rolls properly, nor in a timely manner. Posts are taking more than eight hours to feed. Apparently I had too many labels or tags. I have deleted many tags from earliest posts and hope that fixes the problem. So if you missed the two previous posts with all my new work, please check those out. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting piece, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it. Quirky and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, visitors to my studio said the same thing.

      Delete
  3. I can see the head with the flipped hair! I have been reading blogs in arrears due to limited time, but I notice lots of blogs that don't show up in proper order. I always try to go back and see what i missed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thanks, yes strange things are happening with the blogs.

      Delete
  4. Why do you live so far away? This is perfect. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elna, thanks, there is always the mail.

      Delete
  5. My goodness, Linda...that turned out brilliantly! Yes...I can see the head.

    That is just wonderful! :) You couldn't do it again if you tried...making it a unique piece! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I couldn't believer it held together during the final firing.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment