Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Alcohol Inks on Tile

This past weekend I attended an alcohol inks workshop. Alcohol inks are much like watercolor in that the inks are fluid till they dry. One difference is alcohol inks must be placed on a material that is not absorbent, such as tile, glass, special paper or special canvas. Most of the day we worked on tiles. These first two are refrigerator magnets.
It takes practice to get the ink to move where you want it to go. The next tile is a coaster.
Above is the first one I worked on. The colors are kind of muddy.
Above is on photographic paper but the non gloss side. Next Saturday I'll go back for one more day. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

9 comments:

  1. It must be fun to play with such vivid colors that are also so fluid. Have a good time, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, yes it's definitely a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Alcohol inks are new to me and I was interested learning about the technique you use to paint with them. The art is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thanks, materials used to spread the in can be a brush, adding alcohol, or blowing with compressed air or a straw, dabbing with a cloth, etc.

      Delete
  3. What fun.
    Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, thanks, I need to practice a lot more before I can actually achieve what I would like to, as in all art I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a drink while you work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lee, thanks, might have to try that, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks like fun... you have some nice results

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment