Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Silk & Dried Arrangements in Vintage Vases

Before I started making pottery, I collected vintage pottery vases. Then I'd make silk flower arrangements in them. Here's a low boat shaped vase with blue hydrangeas and pinecones.


Peach poppies and daisies complement the olive green of this vase.


Here's an aqua and brown arrangement with mostly seed pods and dried plant materials. Looking at these arrangements inspires me to make some vases with elevated feet. Many silk flowers nowadays are quite realistic and in the long run they are cost effective. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Blogger refused to allow me to comment last time I tried I do hope it has relented.
    Your vases and their contents are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks sometimes blogger is a pain in the neck, thanks, I had forgotten all about these, glad I have a blog, it can refresh my memory of days gone past.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment