Sunday, September 11, 2022

Landsakes! Gluten Free Breadsticks

Landsakes! There seems to be a few gluten free bread sticks missing; how did that happen? These breadsticks have proven to be the best gluten free baking item I have made thus far. This recipe is easy to make with no waiting for dough to rise and very few ingredients.

2 cups of gluten free baking flour mix
1 cup of full fat Greek yogurt (Greek yogurt is less wet than others)
2 tsp baking powder
salt as you like
extra flour for forming the dough
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs spice of your choice, such as oregano, rosemary, etc.

Prehat oven to 425 F. In mixing bowl add gluten free baking flour mix, then add baking powder and salt and mix till blended. Add in yogurt and mix till dough comes together. If dough is too dry add one tablespoon of water or an additional tablespoon of yogurt. Knead mixture gently till it all comes together. Don't overwork the dough. Turn out on a floured surface and pat dough down to an 8 inch round. Cut round into 6 to 8 strips and roll the strips into sticks. Place on an oiled piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Mix the olive oil with the spice of your choice and brush on the tops of the breadsticks. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately place on a gridded rack to cool.

Folks who have to be gluten free have few options for fresh baked items, this one is a keeper. Anything gluten free is much more expensive. We couldn't even tell it's gluten free. Next time I'll make the breadsticks shorter and thinner since they do rise quite a bit. Don't know if this recipe would work without gluten free flour but worth a try. Gary said, I bet you could make these with cinammon and sugar. I said I bet I can. I was just thinking I could form these into rounds or make some hash marks on some. The possibilities are endless.

I don't think I have to say we will never forget what happened on September 11 low these many years ago. It's a reminder to always be vigilent and see something, say something now more than ever.

2 comments:

  1. Gluten free has come a long way hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, it has in my world, sorry I got rid of all my baking pans when I learned I needed to be gluten free

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment