Sunday, January 29, 2023

Guacamole and Chips

A bag of avocados I purchased and they all ripened at once, so I made guacamole. This is just one of the ways I like to make my guacamole. I served it with some gluten free blue corn tortilla chips. A large bag of the gf blue corn chips is about half the price at Aldi than my local grocery store, and it's twice or more the volume. Nothing fancy, just some shallots chopped fine, dried cumin and cilantro, black pepper, and a few dashes of sweet habanero sauce. The chips have enough salt so omit adding any to the guacamole. Sweet habanero sauce is not as hot as just plain habanero sauce. A large bowl of guacamole takes only a few drops of the sweet habanero sauce. Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse and contain a good fat, so don't feel guilty about eating them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment