Thursday, April 6, 2023

Turkish Fig Pudding

Turkish Fig Pudding

4 cups whole milk
1 tbs unsalted butter

1 cup sugar (I used powdered because that's all I had)
3 tbs corn starch
1 tsp cinnamon
2 dashes of salt 
2 beaten eggs

12 dried figs soaked in hot water, stems removed, drained, then chopped

Remove stems from 12 dried figs and soak them in hot water from the tap for 1/2 an hour. Drain figs and pat dry on paper towels then chop up. Put first two ingredients into a double boiler. Bring to a simmer but do not boil. Mix next four ingredients, then add beaten eggs. Place figs in a bowl and add one cup of heated milk mixture and blend with an immersion blender. (I just stirred mine up because I was working late at night and I got lazy). Put it all back in the pot and cook till mixture thickens.


I'm having a bowl of the pudding now. I had substituted yogurt and buttermilk for three of the cups of milk. Don't do that. I was trying to use up items in my fridge. Also better to puree the figs. I'll have to make this again. In order not to waste it, I'll probably have to eat them all because Gary most likely won't eat a single one. Basically it tastes like yogurt with figs in it. On second thought I may not be able to eat it either. I am sure with all milk and actually pureeing the figs it would be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment