Monday, August 21, 2023

Danish Blue Cheese Frittata


Danish Blue Cheese Frittata

I've been hoping to discover some tangy and pungent blue cheese.
The other day I was at 7M Farms and saw a block
of Danish blue cheese in their refrigerator. I decided to splurge.

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a cast iron pan on the stovetop sauté
one shallot chopped fine in 2 tablespoons of butter,
then add 8 small sliced button mushrooms and
cook till they release some moisture.
Sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese over the top. 
Pour in 5 eggs beaten and add bit more cheese.
Place in oven and bake for less than 20 minutes.
Don't over bake. Cool before serving, Yummy.
Oh my, this Danish blue cheese is so delicious.
Gary doesn't like blue cheese so it's all for me.
Yes it was pricey, but why should I deny myself at this age?
The frittata is cooling on the counter waiting for my indulgence.
Meanwhile I can slice myself a piece of the blue cheese to eat plain.
Enjoy the little pleasures while you can, because you never know.

1 comment:

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment