Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Old Bay Seasoning Ingredients

 
Old Bay Seasoning Ingredients

Ever wanted to know what is in Old Bay Seasoning? The seasoning is often used with crab and shrimp dishes as well as others. Some folks even use it in a Bloody Mary drink. Here is a list I found. I think one could quadruple this list and store it away and use it when needed. I have not made up my spice mixes to have them on hand. Perhaps this winter I'll get to that. There are a lot of pinches listed I think an 1/8 teaspoon would suffice.

  • 1 Tbsp. celery salt (sometimes salt and seed)
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 pinch dry mustard (ground)
  • 1 pinch mace (ground, may substitute a teensy pinch nutmeg)
  • 1 pinch ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch ground cardamom
  • 1 pinch ground allspice
  • 1 pinch ground cloves
  • 1 pinch ground ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment