Thursday, December 21, 2023

Zucchini Patties GF

 

Zucchini Patties GF

2 large eggs beaten well
1 medium zucchini grated
1/8 onion chopped fine
2 garlic cloves micro-minced
1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
1/2 cup gf 1:1 flour
1/2 cup gf bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2-4 tablespoons of high smoke point oil for cooking

It's the beginning of winter and I see fresh zucchini at the grocery store. I had no idea what I'd use them for but I bought some. I decided to make Zucchini Patties. Grate zucchini and place on tea towel and roll up to absorb excess moisture. I got two all cotton tea towels at a yard sale for one dollar. They work great for absorbing moisture for grated cucumber, potatoes, or zucchini. Mix ingredients by hand in order listed except cooking oil. Batter will be stiff.

In large frying pan heat oil till medium hot. Drop 1/3 cup full of zucchini batter into hot oil, smash down well. Cook till golden brown on one side, turn over and do the same for the other side. For the second side you can cover slightly (put cover on askew to prevent steaming) to encourage thorough cooking inside. Cook in batches and don't overcrowd the pan. Gary wondered what condiment to place on top; we both quickly determined nothing was needed. The zucchini patties were that good.

1 comment:

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment