Monday, April 15, 2024

Soft Gluten Free Bread Sticks


Soft Gluten Free Bread Sticks

3 cups of 1:1 flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 package of instant rapid rise yeast
1 package of psyllium husk powder
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups warm water
2 large eggs
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil

I cut the recipe down in half because I didn't know how they'd turn out making them the first time. I didn't have psyllium powder so I omitted it. Preheat your oven to 375 F. My yeast was dry yeast and was from 2018, but it worked. I put the yeast in a bowl with the sugar and then added the warm water. I let it sit for a bit and it got a few bubbles so I figured it was good to use. Meanwhile in a separate bowl I mixed the dry ingredients and set them aside. I beat the egg in a separate bowl and added the olive oil and then the proofed yeast mixture. I added wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stirred well. I put the batter in a baggie and cut a bottom corner off and piped the batter into strings onto a parchment lined baking sheet. As you can see some of the piping were blobs. They taste the same though and are soft compared to my other recipe for gluten free bread sticks. These are supposed to mimic Olive Garden bread sticks and indeed they do. Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment