Thursday, October 10, 2024

Roasted Poblano Salsa


Roasted Poblano Salsa 

Today I'm using up the last of my peppers and tomatoes from my garden. I don't like to waste anything from my garden because I don't use any herbicides or pesticides and I feel good about that. I'm not including any amounts because I am just using what I have on hand. I plan to add a few store bought tomatoes to stretch the salsa recipe.

 Many of my tomatoes are green and are not ripe but I decided to include them. I started out roasting five small poblano peppers and a couple of shishito peppers in a cast iron pan till they were blistered. I let them cool off and peeled the skins, removed the seeds, and chopped them up medium fine. Next I cut the small green tomatoes in half and roasted them in the same cast iron pan till they started to break down. Then I add the few red tomatoes to the pan.

I see I'm going to need a few more red tomatoes. If we can't find any romas at the grocery we might try the farm stand near the auto parts store which belongs to Ray Long. Apparently Gary was telling me the same woman has been working there for 24 years. Amazing things to learn in our small town. Well back to making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment