Friday, October 2, 2026

Eggplant Curry


Eggplant Curry

1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic minced
1 inch fresh ginger micro grated
10 tomatillo, chopped
2 large tomatoes chopped
2 or more cups spring water
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
pinch of dried red pepper flakes
1 large globe eggplant, peeled and chopped

In a non reactive large saucepan on medium heat, saute onion in olive oil till soft and translucent. Add ginger and garlic and saute one more minute. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients except eggplant. Cook till flavors are melded about an hour. Last add eggplant cover, and cook for 1/2 hour more. Serve over basmati rice. Quite spicy but satisfying none the less. I obtained the basmati rice at Aldi in town; it was the lightest (fluffy) and longest grain rice I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment