Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Small Dishes, Big Winds, No Electricity

We lost electricity last night amid remnant tropical storm Irma winds. I am at the library using their computer. Town has electricity but we still don't. I'll have to resort to cooking on a camping stove. Luckily I had made some black eyed peas and come clam chowder so all I have to do is heat them up for meals. Here is a sampling of the rectangular dishes from this firing. These are about 4 x 6 inches.




I''ll have to get to responding to comments when I have electricity again, hopefully soon. Hope everyone is doing well with this huge storm. I can't complain because I know many other folks are far worse off then I am. Thanks for reading and for all  your comments.

6 comments:

  1. I missed the explanation of the detail in the bottoms of the platters. What are they. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, those are small bisque stamps that I impress into the clay. This past Saturday at the market a woman asked me if I had used buttons. I said not but that it was a good idea, potters use the most unusual and usual things to make texture in clay. As you can see wherever the texture is the glaze "breaks" and caused a variation in the color of the glaze.

      Delete
  2. Love those platters and hope your power can be restored quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, it was off and then on then off but now finally on, not too bad really.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you weathered the storm...Irma certainly was an angry girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I just woke up and let Barney out and it is still windy outside, she is taking a long time to dissipate even this far north.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment