Friday, April 13, 2018

What is it ? A Critter Waterer !

For the time I've lived here I've provided a drinking bowl for the critters and insects. I've set the bowl next to the railing so birds can quickly escape if my cat comes by. Sometimes I go out and an insect or bee has died since they couldn't fly or climb out. I found a rock in the garden to place in the water to provide a ladder for them to climb out. It's a big rock so I'll look for a smaller rock. But in the meantime this will help them get a drink and still fly away. The possums and raccoons would prefer and open bowl but they'll have to adapt. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea. Thank you for supporting the critters who share this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, the birds and critters use the waterer regularly especially on dry days, they get used to the source for water.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful idea. I will do this too. Thank you Linda, you have a very kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thanks, I am amazed at how many creatures visit the watering hole, they get used to having a source of water.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's a good idea to have a water bowl out for the cri8tiu90 (that was supposed to be 'critters'.. but Julie just walked across the keyboard as I as typing).
    It's especially important in the summer, but I find they use it year round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rian, thanks, yes they use it year around here too, in deep winter, I often have to empty the frozen part and refill it.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment