Sunday, November 11, 2018

November Green Tomatoes

Look at the November green tomatoes Gary harvested yesterday afternoon. A few days ago it was 32 F and I thought the plants would freeze, but they didn't. This morning it's down to 29 F; no hope at that temperature.
He also found a few red tomatoes and some very tiny peppers. I'm going to try making a green tomato chutney. I've found several recipes on the internet. We shall see how it turns out.
Meanwhile I made soap and butter dishes yesterday. Today I'll make platters and sponge holders. I plan to glaze them in various colors. I'm getting ready for the Kris Kringle Market the first Saturday of December. I heard a Christmas jingle on the TV yesterday and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. I have often made green tomato chutney - and it is a winner.
    Love your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl, Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I slacked off all summer now have to pay for it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue, thanks, I wonder what your recipe is for the chutney?

    ReplyDelete
  4. some very nice colours in your small dishes... enjoy your chutney

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment