Friday, November 30, 2018

Preparing for Kris Kringle Market

Been busy preparing for the Kris Kringle market tomorrow. This blue brown bowl is 10 in wide and 3 in tall. I'm packing up lots of plates, butter, and soap dishes as well as pinch bowls. Everything in the bisque and glaze load came out just fine. Many times I am pleasantly surprised and thankful at my luck in making and firing.
I've run out of soy wax to make my own candles, so I'm using inexpensive candles for these handmade votive holders. Who doesn't like to see a flickering candle in the winter; these make a great hostess gift. Now if I can find a local source for clear cellophane. Everyone tends to pick up each candle to smell them, like they do with my fragrant soaps as displays on my soap dishes. Either they want to purchase the soap or candle separately or they wander off without a purchase. I'll see if wrapping these changes that dynamic. What do you think? Should I wrap them?
 I've had a small container of cobalt that's lasted me almost 10 years. Here I've tried it under lavender and transparent green. The lavender looks promising. It only takes a tiny amount of cobalt to stain the bisque. Lucky because cobalt is so expensive. It's inexpensive to try these color experiments on ornaments and then later I can try them on larger pieces.
Meanwhile I've strung more ornaments. Everyone loves the turtles and the unicorn. Actually each ornament is popular for one reason or another. Wonder if someone will like a lavender cow? We shall see. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Linda, I think everything looks wonderful. You should have a good market. As for the candle wrapping... why not wrap a few and see how that goes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, it rained and the wind blew in gusts of 60 mph and I didn't sell one item, ugh

      Delete
  2. I like your votive forms... worth trying them wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks, I didn't get around to wrapping them so will try again next year.

      Delete
  3. These are fantastic, Linda...I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment