Friday, February 22, 2019

Rolling My Own - Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll

The other day I decided to roll my own smoked salmon cucumber roll. I purchase a large package of smoked salmon cutoffs fairly inexpensively and I used an English cucumber. The nori or toasted seaweed comes in a package and stays fresh till used. For the rice I did use sushi rice and I mix in some rice vinegar to make it really sticky. In my estimation sushi rolls are best when fresh with the rice still a bit warm.
For the roll I place the cooked sushi rice on the rough side of the nori and sprinkle it with black sesame seeds. Then I flip the nori over and place the cucumber and salmon in a line across the nori. I roll it up and then slice the roll in half, then half again, and than half one more time. I serve it with pickled ginger and of course wasabi and soy sauce. La Choy has a gluten free low sodium soy sauce. A couple of these rolls makes for a nice light dinner.

Here is a short youtube on how to make a sushi roll. With a little practice you'll be an expert in no time. Then you can use the ingredients of your choice to roll your own.  Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment