Monday, February 25, 2019

First Sunny Day in Weeks Maybe Months

We had our first sunny day in weeks, maybe months. I noticed the robins have returned. Worms should be easy pickings for them after all the rains. The photograph of the robin sitting in the pyracantha is from my California garden. Here in the North Georgia mountains the daffodils are just starting to bloom and a couple of our fruit trees. A couple of weeks ago Gary and I pruned the fruit trees quite severely. The fruit trees don't get much sun because of the taller native trees surrounding us, so they reach for the sky in a season. They're past newly planted stage now so we must keep them in check. The seeds I ordered arrived and I've some peat pots to start the cool weather vegetables. Our last frost date is in May so I can't get too far ahead of myself with starts just yet. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty picture. Looking forward to spring.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hena, thanks, yes I am anxiously awaiting Spring, been so rainy and gray

      Delete
  2. I like to see the robin sitting in the pyracantha of your California garden.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanza, thanks, I am amazed that robins can navigate the large thorns in the pyracantha shrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you having your own fruit trees Linda, and growing vegetables. That's a pretty photo of the robin. Ours have yet to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, thanks, well the fruit trees don't do much due to lack of sun, but our blueberries do great, and the raised bin vegetables are really rewarding and so much less work than planting directing in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had a few drops of rain over the past couple of days...we need more. But, fortunately, the temperatures have dropped a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee, thanks, we have been inundated with rain the whole winter season here.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment