Saturday, April 27, 2019

7M Farms

The ramp festival is Saturday, May 4th at the Union County Farmers Market. Ramps are a wild onion and have a strong onion flavor. I'll be at an alcohol inks workshop so won't be able to attend but Gary may set up the booth.
This morning we decided to take a drive out to 7M Family Farms here in Blairsville, Georgia. They are on Crump Creek Road; don't you just love the name of the road. We got okra, baby bok choy, mixed colors of small tomatoes, and pickling cucumbers.
We like to eat the cherry tomatoes like candy. I'm baking the okra right now. I plan on making refrigerator pickles tomorrow.
The first time I got bok choy I wasn't sure Gary would like it. I made Garlic Mushroom Bok Choy and Gary raved about it. So I am going to make it again this time.  We are having some glorious Spring weather. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that spring has arrived and is treating you kindly.
    A big YES to eating cherry tomatoes (straight from the vine if possible).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, I am planting my tomato plants this week, hopefully they will grow quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that cherry tomatoes have a lot more flavor than the larger tomatoes found in the grocery these days. Of course fresh Creole tomatoes down in Louisiana were always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rian, thanks, yes that is true and there are so many varieties nowadays. fresh creole, never had them, must look for some of that variety

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of ramps before a couple of years ago. I surely would enjoy trying them but haven't seen them sold in our area. I know they are very popular in other parts as I see them mentioned quite often, maybe now I am in the know :) Your recipe sounds great, all the produce you bought does too. We are having nothing but veggies for a meal tonight, steamed corn on the cob, potatoes, carrots, sprinkled with a little grated cheese. I'm there is something else left in the fridge, and now I am off to that link for the recipe your hubby enjoys so much. Sounds delicious. Thanks Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise, thanks, I only see ramps at farmers markets never in grocery stores, they grow wild but I am sure take alot of effort to dig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherry tomatoes are delicious...so juicy and sweet. I love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment