Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Flew the Coop

Almost all of my birds have flown the coop so I need to make more. I make them solid so they must dry a long time to be sure they don't explode in the kiln.
In other news my shishito pepper plants are producing a lot of peppers. Above is the harvest from this week. We're eating a serving of the shishitos at least once a week. I blister them in a hot frying pan and in minutes they're ready to eat. I don't cut them or remove the stems since the stem acts as a place to hold them and eat them as finger food. I think the box above is at least three frying pans full. The lone purple pepper is marconi purple. Ah, I hear a gentle rain, I don't have to water anything today. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for the very best kind of cleared coop.
    Jealous thoughts about the rain. Very jealous thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, yes the coop is a lonely place right now; we get lots of rain here in the south but it is unpredictable, feast or famine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do your peppers taste like a bell pepper (capsican) or like a chilli pepper? A lovely green. My pigs are solid too so long slow drying needed like your birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna, thanks, they have their own unique flavor, nothing like a bell pepper, because I actually don't like cooked bell peppers. It's kind of hard to describe but we both like them a lot and they are considered a delicacy by chefs. I didn't know your pigs were solid, interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment