Saturday, February 1, 2020

Cape Cod Mussel Bisque

This recipe was inspired by Ina Garten's French Mussel Bisque.  I followed most of her recipe but I had 2 pound of mussels so I cut the recipe ingredients by a third. The mussels were from Cape Cod and since I changed Ina's recipe I gave it a new name.
Her recipe didn't call for blending the broth but I thought it needed to be pureed. I also chopped the canned plum tomatoes and added the juice as well.
Above is what the soup looked like before blending it and adding the cream and mussels. After I added the cream and half and half, and the mussels to the broth and warmed them but do not boil. Needless to say it was delicious. See link to Ina Garten's French Mussel Bisque for all the ingredients.
White rabbit to you all. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, thanks, I think lobster bisque is better but much more expensive.

      Delete
  2. I should have white rabbited yesterday. But forgot. Again.
    Hooray for adapting recipes to suit taste/availability. We do a lot of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, thanks, I adapt, and make recipes up too.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment