Monday, July 27, 2020

Peach Clafoutis

Nothing says summer in the South better than peaches. Here's a peach clafoutis I made several weeks ago. Click the link for the recipe. A cast iron pan works out the best to bake it. I plan to make another one because my batch of peaches from the farmers market are really ripe.

You can substitute other soft fruits for this one-dish dessert which is quick and easy to make. It's not overly sweet so you don't have to feel guilty in making and eating it. It's a cross between a pie, a cake, and a custard. Every time I make clafoutis it turns out a little different. This time it didn't deflate like it usually does.

Be Safe, Be Well

4 comments:

  1. Yum. It is years since I have had a clafoutis and I am drooling a little (despite having just finished a more than adequate dinner).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, this time I made it with greek yogurt instead of milk and I've been having it for breakfast.

      Delete
  2. I love clafoutis, and often made them when I was cooking in restaurants etc. I've not made once since those days...but then I don't make any desserts for myself these days. :)

    Take care, Linder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee, thanks, this only has 1/2 cup of sugar when I make it so it is more like a custard which I consider healthy; about the only thing sweet I eat nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment