Friday, June 4, 2021

June 5 is First Day of Farmers Market

Tomorrow is the first day of the farmers market in Blairsville.
 This year I'll be in booth 75 in the third building.
Hours are 7 am to 1 pm, early birds get the best choices.

Earlier this year I bought a metal raised bin and planted 18 Asiatic lilies.
They're a mix of colors. An orange one is the first to bloom.
Each stalk has multiple blooms on it.
If you grow lilies be careful of the pollen, it stains terribly.
Florists usually clip the pollen off before using lilies in arrangements.

The forest is singing with the mating calls of the 17 year cicadas.

10 comments:

  1. I hope the market day goes really, really well.
    Love the cicada photo - and you are so right about that pollen. It does indeed stain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, when I was taking plant identification we took a trip to the coast of California to visit a lily farm, the market was great

      Delete
  2. Have a good market tomorrow. I sure do remember all those Saturdays that I got up early and braved the elements to sell my pots. We haven't had cicadas yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, we don't hear them much here but others are saying they are very loud

      Delete
  3. I wish you a good market day tomorrow too.

    Wow! that cicada photo is AWESOME, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica, thanks, I can't take credit for that photo it came from the Chicago times newspaper

      Delete
  4. Here's hoping today (Saturday) is a great Farmer's Market for you. Please post pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, I finally got a camera but still learning how to operate it

      Delete
  5. Such beauty...

    Take good care, Linda...I hope all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, been busy in the garden and finally got into the studio as I am running low on pottery.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment