Wednesday, December 8, 2021

A Free Christmas Tree

Just noticed an ad for a free Christmas tree at a local business. I miss enjoying the fragrance of pine needles drying inside during the season, so I got the free Christmas tree. I felt a little guilty, but the ad stated they had 52 trees, so I figured folks with children who wanted a tree would also be able to get one.With prices rising for fuel, food, heating, and other necessities I decided I deserve a bit of luxury this year. Then there was the 25 percent increase in house taxes. We found a new company for our car insurance since that also went up. With a cat we can't have a tree inside so I'm drying the real tree in the solarium. I plan to make up some potpourri jars and give a few as gifts.

6 comments:

  1. I hope blogger will accept my comment this time round.
    You certainly DO deserve a little luxury and I hope you enjoy it.
    Some of our cats couldn't leave Christmas trees alone, and others of them couldn't care less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I had trouble loading my photo to blogger, strange things are happening for sure.

      Delete
  2. I've not put up Christmas decorations or a tree for many years now.

    I guess I was fortunate when I did because any cat I've had throughout my life never played havoc with the trees or decorations. :)

    We all deserve to treat ourselves when possible. And with the way things are and have been for quite some time now, we certainly do deserve to do so!

    Take care, Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee, thanks, dh added some new carpet to our cat's cat tower, and he is really loving it because the new carpet has much more girth to it and he can really dig his paws into it, what we won't do for a furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Sandi, thanks, drying all my potpourri now and my greenery

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment