Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Bone Marrow - A Delicacy?

This tale evolved because I was going to make some beef broth for soup. I read that marrow is good for arthritis and Gary said he was willing to try it. I called my local grocery store and asked if they had any beef bones. They said plenty. Gary goes to the store, and they said they don't have any. The next day Gary goes to the same grocery, and they say they are in the freezer section, He comes home with beef marrow bones. I know a little about gourmet cooking, and I saw an episode on a cooking show where marrow bones were a delicacy.

So off to the races I am with a gourmet beef marrow meal. I sauté some shallots and garlic in oil and butter and get a nice caramelization on the bones. We expect much as we eat them. Not so. Bottom line is, in my humble opinion, don't bother. Just use the bones for broth.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry this recipe was a fail for you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I can' check it off m bucket list

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment