Friday, June 17, 2022

Tip Sharing ?


Let's talk about TIP SHARING - I recently learned from folks I know must share their tips equally and their employers deduct the tips from their hourly salary. So, your tip is going to everyone, and you are essentially paying the wait staff's salary. I know they are supposed to declare tips on their taxes, but I don't think it's fair my tip is going to everyone. I put myself through college in Southern California as a waitress (1970s) and I got to keep my tips back then. Later when I had a few bills to pay off (student loans?) I worked a second job as a waitress and got to keep all my tips then too. The miniature wire sculpture was made for me by a customer (in the 1980s). Just saw a Waffle House ad which says, NO TIP SHARING. What do you think about the practice of SHARING TIPS and the practice of TIPPING in general?

 

2 comments:

  1. Tipping is rare here. We expect the employer to pay a living wage. I tip only for exceptional service and hope that it is retained by the person who provides that service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, america needs to adopt that practice

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment