Saturday, July 30, 2022

Beefalo Hanger Steak

Last year we splurged on a beefalo hanger steak for Gary from Deer Foot Farms at the farmers market. I finally got around to cooking it for him. Have the steak at room temperature then marinate with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, gochujang miso sauce, soy sauce, and micro planed garlic for one hour, turning occasionally. Drain and remove the silver skin and most of fat. then salt and pepper well on both sides. Cooked in olive oil in a hot small cast iron pan. The steak was so juicy and moist, even though I might have cooked it just a bit over medium rare. Definitely marinate it. This is the first steak I've cooked for Gary in years. Now he is begging to buy some more from our local farmer. Photo is after he had a few bites on the steak which was just under a pound. Corn from Lee Knight farms was white but turned yellow after cooking for 5 minutes in boiling water. Even though I haven't had beef in maybe 20 years, I actually had a couple of bites. The chef has to taste their work, right. The flavor was really good.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that he (and you) enjoyed it. This cook doesn't taste her partner's food. I am vegetarian he is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've had a steak. Only last night I was thinking I must buy some when next out shopping...which will be tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment