Friday, July 8, 2022

Fried Baby Crooknecks

Tuesday, I sent Gary to the farmers market to get green beans
so I could give a few to Bonkers
Bonkers likes to carry around a green bean like it's his baby,
batting it around the house. 
Eventually they dry up and he loses interest.
I told Gary to get me a passel of green beans
He came home with three green beans for Bonkers
and some baby crookneck squash from Collins Family Farm.
Now what to do with baby crookneck squash.


I decided to slice the crookneck lengthwise and bread them.
I beat one egg and dipped the sliced squash in the batter
then I dipped the squash into some plain gluten free breadcrumbs


I added some olive oil to a cast iron pan
when the oil was good and hot, I added the baby crooknecks
I fried them till they were golden brown on both sides


I drained the squash and served them with a cocktail sauce.
I don't usually fry things but every once in a while, can't hurt.
Next time I think a curry yogurt dip would be better.
They were tasty none the less.
So far so good with my eye surgery.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that they were tasty and very happy about your eye surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, have to wear an eye covering for a month and drops every day, and then the next eye, lots of work to get it all done, hope all goes well

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment