Sunday, July 10, 2022

Lavender Harvest


Here's my lavender harvest for this year
these are mini-English lavender
which have a sweeter fragrance


These are French lavender
which are longer stemmed
but a less sweet fragrance. 
After blooming lavender should be cut back
by one third to prevent sprawling and splitting branches.

Below are some photos from my former California gardens:

cut flowers for sale outside the gift shop


English lavender in a copper pot


gift shop with lavender in foreground


French lavender and tropicana canna lily in foreground
Have a relaxing day

2 comments:

  1. On my trip through 6 different gardens last Friday, I saw lots of lavender. I also couldn't resist a touch of the flowers to smell it too. One might have been that French variety, because though it looked like a lavender, it didn't have any scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, there is Spanish that has no scent, the French and English do have scent but the English is sweeter

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment