Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Praying Mantis

 
Today I saw this praying mantis outside our screen and he/she reminded me of a day long ago. I remember that day I was driving my baby blue '64 Dodge Polara; I miss that car. I was driving to work on a two lane highway and I saw a praying mantis on my windshield. There was nowhere to pull off for quite a distance. I was amazed the mantis could hold on. I drove slower hoping to keep the mantis from being blown off. Finally I found a place to pull over. I picked up a a stick and got the mantis to climb up on the stick. I brought the mantis over to a shrub and the mantis climbed right on. Strange how certain memories come back to us.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for saving that mantis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I guess I have the ability to put myself into another's shoes even a mantis, lol

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment