Sunday, August 28, 2022

Unusual Zucchini


At my local farmers market I got two unsual zucchini.
Above is the tromboncino, an Italian heirloom variety.


Above is a golden zucchini. These are such a beautiful color.
Golden zucchini is an ancient heirloom variety.
Now what to do with these two varieties.
I still have food in the fridge I need to eat beforehand.
But these are so fresh I hate to freeze them
Any ideas? Maybe they'll keep a while in the fridge.
I could make some curry or a casserole, or
perhaps a fritatta or bread.
(photos are not mine)

2 comments:

  1. We often get the golden variety but I have never seen the tromboncino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I had never either, that's why I got it.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment