Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Microgreens Salad

First time ever eating microgreens that I can recall. Most often seen as a garnish in upscale restaurants. I haven't been to any restaurants in ages. I purchased three different types from the farmers market. I think broccoli, pea shoots and sprouts, and radish. I decided to make a microgreens salad. I added some soft cooked egg, seedless sliced green grapes, and cherry tomatoes I grew.

I topped it with some exotic mushrooms I had sauteed. A little splash of vinegar and I called it finished. I was surprised how tasty the microgreens were, a bit like eating rabbit food. The mushrooms were not really needed in this salad. Half thinking of growing some of my own this winter. Microgreens are packed with vitamins and minerals and can grow in soil, peat, or a coco coir substrate. Ready in about two weeks. There are a lot of things to learn about sprouting them. Not sure I am up for the task; we shall see. Give them a try if you haven't.

4 comments:

  1. They are good aren't they? And flavour packed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I have never had microgreens, was a real treat

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Sandi, thanks, was delicious and especially since I knew they were so nutritious

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment