Monday, September 19, 2022

Marinated & Grilled Lamb Sirloin Steaks & Oven Roasted Eggplant & Tomatoes

I've never had lamb sirloin steaks before but they were a reasonable price per pound so I decided to splurge. I usually eat meat about once a week or less due to the expense.
I marinated the steaks in olive oil, basalmic vinegar, mint and pepper for about half a day. Then I drained them on a rack to remove excess marinade and salted them on both sides.

I got some nice eggplant and cherry tomatoes at the farmers market so I decided to make baked eggplant and tomatoes as a side dish. I toss the diced eggplant and whole cherry tomatoes in olive oil and baked them till they were soft.

After patting the lamb steaks dry and salting them I seared them in a cast iron frying pan to get them nice and crispy on the outside and medium rare on the inside.
Here's the eggplant and tomatoes after roasting, they got nice and toasty. Oh, I forgot to add I salted and peppered them and sprinkled with oregano before baking.
I made a little gravy for the lamb steaks with pan drippings, dash of dijon mustard, butter and vinegar. It was real tasty.
If you cook at home, it's possible to eat like a queen on a paupers income.
Happy Cooking.

2 comments:

  1. It is the vegies that are to my taste today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, those veges were so delicious, roasting is my new go to

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment