Friday, September 16, 2022

Peach Pico De Gallo

 

I had peaches not ripening on the counter, instead they were molding before getting ripe. I decided to make some peach pico de gallo, a semi-liquid salsa. (gallo is pronounced giyo, the double Ls are prononced y in Spanish). I had some green grapes, and from the garden some cherry tomatoes, a red anaheim, two poblano peppers so I used those. I did not use cilantro nor mint because I didn't have any. The lime essentially ripens or cooks the fruits in pico. When I tasted the pico, it was so good I felt it didn't need any other herbs. I could eat this like a salad all day long. Serve with some chips; I used gluten free black bean chips. Use what you have and eat like a queen. Enjoy!

3 peaches, seeded then diced, I left the skins on
10 or more cherry tomatoes halved, OR
5 roma tomatoes diced
20 seedless green grapes quartered
1 jalapeno or serano pepper seeded then chopped fine, OR
2 poblano peppers seeded, blistered, skinned, then chopped fine
1 red bell pepper OR red anaheim, seeded then chopped fine
3/4 cup cilantro chopped or parsley if you prefer, OR
12 mint leaves chopped
1/2 onion chopped fine
2 garlic cloves minced or micro-grated
1-2 limes juiced (I used two but one would have been sufficient)
1 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste

1 comment:

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment