Saturday, September 3, 2022

Stuffed Poblano Peppers

 
A few of our poblano peppers finally were ripe so I decided to make stuffed poblano peppers.

One gypsy pepper was ripe and so I decided to use that pepper in the filling. Amazing the gypsy pepper is larger than the poblanos, should be the other way around, but we use what we have.
First I blistered the poblano pepper and pealed their skin, sliced them in half and deseeded them. I use gloves so my hands don't have any hot residue on them. If you don't like spicy, you could use bell peppers and even some of these gypsy peppers. I really like these porcelain boats I found at a yard sale a while ago. They are so versatile to cook in.
I sauteed some onion, the gypsy pepper, minced garlic, and ground turkey, and a few spices. You could definitely make stuffed peppers vegetarian, stuffing them with summer vegetables. 
Next I overstuffed the poblano halves, topped them with some mozarella cheese. I almost forgot I did top the mixture with some of my cherry tomatoes choped up as well. Bake them in the oven at 350 F for about 20 minutes till the cheese is melted. They were delicious and the poblanos had some definite heat to them. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious Linda. Have a great weekend also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thanks, they were quite spicy, perhaps if I leave them on the plant to long that does it

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment